Loan clients represent only one client group that access business counseling resources of the Bruce CFDC. Business Counselling activities also extend to those seeking information, referral and contacts related to a broad scope of business issues and initiatives. Bruce CFDC offers a full-service one-stop business resource function to the local business community, individuals exploring business opportunities as well as industry and business looking to locate or expand operations in the area.
Bruce CFDC retains direct and active links through a range of associations to stay current on business issues, support programs as well as key contacts in industry & government. Formal affiliations include:
- Access to Small Business Information, Mentoring, Counselling and Advisory Services
- Assistance to Entrepreneurs
- Business Financing
- Business Improvement Workshops and Seminars
- Small Business Self-help Resource
- Youth Entrepreneur
- CFDI Learn - On Line Learning Opportunities for Small Business Owners
Canada-Ontario Business Service Centre ( COBSC)
Bruce CFDC is a decentralized COBSC site, offering electronic and hard copy business resource materials on site at the Bruce CFDC offices. This affiliation also provides access to a help-desk that can research specialized information needs and technical resources, providing clients with accelerated response to hard to research inquiries.
This resource site hosts information related to a range of topics including:
Ontario Association of Community Futures Development Corporations ( OACFDC ) - Member
- Partnership agreements
- Market research resources such as average household expenditure patterns/industry benchmarks, postal code based consumer reports, business planning etc.
- Technology & Innovation
- Projecting sales
- Government Programs & Services ..... etc.
In support of the 61 CFDC’s in Ontario, this association offers the opportunity to share ideas, experiences and best practices in client service delivery as well as community & business development techniques.